Modifying Assignment Dates
When an instructor creates an assignment he or she will have the option to set the dates and times for the assignment. All assignments have three dates: the start date, the due date and the post date. The start date is the date students can begin submitting to the assignment. The due date is the date the assignment ends, unless the instructor has set the assignment to allow late submissions, no submissions can be made after an assignment's due date. The post date is the date grades, marks and peer reviews become available for students to view. Instructors can change these date for existing assignments by updating the assignment.
How to modify the dates for an assignment
- Click on the class name
- Click on the "More actions" pull down menu and select "Edit settings" to the right of the assignment's name
- Select the new date and time from the pull down menus for the date you would like to modify
- Click submit to finalize the changes
- Only accounts for which the GradeMark¨ or Gradebook feature has been purchased will be given the option of setting a post date for a non-peer review assignment.
- For information on setting an assignment to allow late submissions, please view our article on allowing submissions after the assignment due date